When installing your jet ski decal kit, it is recommended that you are in a sealed and dry area with no breeze or dust and at temperatures above 60°F degrees and below 90.
- Make sure that the surface of your ski is completely clean and free of dirt, grease, and oils.
- Be sure to use a squeegee and a spray bottle with application solution so that you can easily position your pieces into their places.
- A heat gun or hair dryer also helps to get rid of any unwanted wrinkles and helps the pieces lay down more effectively on curved surfaces.
- Be sure not to apply too much heat on one area, because it will melt and discolor the vinyl.
- An X-acto knife or razor blade could be required, as some pieces may be slightly oversized for ease of installation, and could require trimming.
- Please note, that it is usually better to install the body pieces before logos to ensure proper alignments.
Important Note: Remember to go slow and be patient, if you try to rush the installation, you will definitely get a less than desirable result.
- Place the pieces of the graphic at the ski (taping them on) to get a rough idea of where the pieces are applied (optional)
- Generously spray the application fluid at the back of the graphics and the clean and oil free surface of your watercraft
- Slide the graphics into the desired placement
- Using the squeegee, remove liquid and bubbles from the installed place
- Use the heat gun or hair drier to help removing unwanted wrinkles and making the pieces lay down more effectively
- Application fluid, to easily slide graphics in place
- Application squeegee
- Squeegee sleeve, to protect graphics from marking and scratches
- Graphic seal-pen, to prevent edges and points from lifting
- X-acto knife or razor blade and tape (optional)